Pitch and Highlight Night
Do you or your organization have an effort or idea that reduces violence in our community? Would more funding and exposure help boost your efforts?
Each year the SAFE Task Force seeks partners who are working to reduce violence in our community. We want community-based solutions. We do this to highlight organizations working to make change in our community and to help fund violence reduction projects and programs.
For each round of funding, we'll select:
- up to five organizations with up to $10,000 in funding
Align Idea with City Reports
Take a look through the following reports. Relate your project to the concepts captured in these plans. This will help you build a great proposal!
Police Department Strategic Plan
The Police Department’s strategic plan calls for a neighborhood-based policing model that will provide measurable outcomes and help the department build and maintain trust with the community. Review the Grand Rapids Police Department Strategic Plan.
City Strategic Plan
The City's mission is to elevate quality of life through excellent City services. The strategic plan is the community playbook for aligning initiatives, resources, goals, department operations, projects, and investments. Review the City of Grand Rapids Strategic Plan.
Safe Task Force PEACE Pillars
The SAFE Task Force has identified five PEACE Pillars to address violence in Grand Rapids. Learn more on pages 31-37 of our SAFE Report and Recommendations.
- P - Prevention Investments
- E - Eliminate Violent Acts
- A - Activate Economic Opportunities
- C - Community Engagement, Education and Empowerment
- E - Effect Positive Change
Who Can Apply?
Non-profits or individuals partnering with nonprofits can submit ideas.
- Nonprofits can receive up to $10,000
How Does it Work?
- Submit an idea
- Preview presentation with SAFE Task Force members and city staff (recommended but optional)
- Receive notification about whether or not your idea is moving forward
- Present your idea at the Pitch and Highlight Night
Download the presentation above