Risk Management


Need to report potholes or damaged City property? Need to file a claim? We're here to help with these services. We are thankful for your reports to help make our city safe for everyone.

Types of Claims

We have different processes for different types of claims. Select the type of claim you need to file from the list below. 

Keep in mind:

As part of the claims process, you must contact your insurance company to verify any coverage. 

Report an Issue

Have you seen damaged City lights, signage, or other property? You can report an issue in the city online or using our mobile app.

Reporting a type of damage not included in the online system?

Call 311 or 616-456-3000 to report the damaged property.

Report an Issue

Workers Compensation

Employee Support We Provide

  • Wage Replacement
  • Medical Treatment
  • Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits

More about Workers Compensation

Sewer Backup Claims

We provide Sewer Backup claim decisions using State guidelines. Learn more using the link below.

State of Michigan Public Act 222(PDF, 34KB)