Water Payment Assistance

The ICB Assistance Program helps customers pay their bills. Each year up to 12.5% of the penalty fees paid by retail water and sewer customers are set aside to support this program. Kent County Community Action (KCCA) helps us manage this program.

Our program helps with water/sewer bill payments. But we can't help with reconnect fees or deposits.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Must be a Grand Rapids Water/Sewer System customer
  • Must meet the income guidelines
  • Must provide a copy of the City of Grand Rapids Water and Sewer utility bill in their name
  • Must be a property owner and the principle resident of the property. Or must be a legal tenant of the property with a bill in their name
  • Must be in shut-off status and/or service must be off

Contact KCCA to find out if you qualify for help with your payments.

KCCA is located in the Kent County Human Services Complex

Kent County Human Services Complex

121 Franklin St SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49507

Phone: 616-632-7950

Other Agencies

Don't qualify for help from KCCA? Contact the United Way at 211. They can connect you to other agencies that may be able to help.