Are you a Grand Rapids resident planning a project to help reestablish community and relationships? You may be eligible for funding through the Neighborhood Match Fund (NMF).
Now in the time of physical distancing, we will award contracts ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 that focus on COVID-19 resident resiliency and recovery and projects that increase the overall quality of life in neighborhoods.
How to Apply
Learn how to apply with our step-by-step application guide.
English Guide(PDF, 190KB) | Spanish Guide(PDF, 178KB)
We're accepting project idea applications December 1 - December 31, 2020.
Who can apply?
- Grand Rapids residents
- Informal resident groups (e.g. block clubs) in Grand Rapids
- Community-based organizations located in and serving Grand Rapids
You can only have one active NMF contract at a time. All reports and paperwork are due before you can apply for a new NMF contract.
The amount we award depends on the amount requested, project scope, alignment with NMF objectives and NMF balance. If awarded, you must spend the NMF dollars during the six-month contract period. You will also be required to match the amount awarded. This means for every dollar we award, you must match that amount with any combination of:
- Volunteer labor (valued at $27.20/hour)
- In-kind goods and services
- Cash donations
For example, an NMF contract for $500 could be matched with:
- $100 worth of volunteer labor
- $300 of in-kind/donated materials (e.g. food, supplies)
- $100 cash donation from a local business or from a grant