Are you a Grand Rapids resident planning a community-focused project? You may be eligible for funding through the Neighborhood Match Fund (NMF)!
The NMF awards contracts up to $2,500 to Grand Rapids residents for projects that intentionally advance these objectives:
- Build stronger connections (relationships) between neighbors
- Lift up resident leadership in the development and implementation of the project
- Promote social justice and inclusion
- Benefit the public
How to Apply
Learn how to apply with our step-by-step application guide here. We accept project idea applications during the months of June and December. Come back on June 1st or December 1st to apply.
Who can apply?
- Grand Rapids residents
- Informal resident groups (e.g. block clubs) in Grand Rapids
- Community-based organizations located in and serving Grand Rapids
You can only have one active NMF contract at a time. All reports and paperwork are due before you can apply for a new NMF contract.
The amount we award depends on the amount requested, project scope, alignment with NMF objectives and NMF balance. If awarded, you must spend the NMF dollars during the six-month contract period. You will also be required to match the amount awarded. This means for every dollar we award, you must match that amount with any combination of:
- Volunteer labor (valued at $20/hour)
- In-kind goods and services
- Cash donations
For example, an NMF contract for $500 could be matched with:
- $100 worth of volunteer labor
- $300 of in-kind/donated materials (e.g. food, supplies)
- $100 cash donation from a local business or from a grant