The Mayor's Youth Council is made up of 9th-12th grade students who are city residents. The council members serve a 1-year term from October to May.
Council members work to broaden the scope of youth leadership in City government by:
- Discussing policy issues that affect them with the Mayor, City Commission and staff
- Gather input from area youth
- Promote awareness of the strengths and abilities of youth
- Coordinate with other local and national organizations
To be considered for the Mayor's Youth Council, make sure these apply to you:
- Live in Grand Rapids
- Enrolled in the 9th - 12th grade (any high school is eligible)
Are you or someone you know interested? Apply online!
Apply to become a Mayor's Youth Council member