There are more than 9,000 youth in Grand Rapids between the ages of 15 and 21. Nearly three quarters (73%) are under the age of 18 and are persons of color. Investing in GRow1000 means investing in our community’s future!
With your help, we will ensure young people ages 15 to 24 have the opportunity to explore careers and see the city through a new lens. Your financial contribution will allow youth to earn a meaningful wage while:
- Getting real workplace experience;
- Enhancing their job readiness skills;
- Exploring future career interests;
- Receiving mentorship; and
- Connecting with area professionals and education pathways.
Below are ways you can support the GRow1000 summer youth employment program:
- Donate any amount to support program costs and/or wages. Program costs include bus passes, culturally appropriate mentors, pre-employment training, etc. Ready to donate? Use our Donation Form.
- Sponsor one or more youth to be placed at a local nonprofit or small business that can provide a job opportunity but cannot support wages at this time. The cost per youth placement is:
- $2,000 for ages 18 to 24
- $1,600 for ages 15 to 17
Pay by Credit Card
Make a donation online to pay by credit card.
Pay by Check
Make check payable to Grand Rapids City Treasurer, write 2021 GRow1000 in the memo, and mail to:
Our Community's Children
201 Market Ave SW, 2nd Floor
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
For questions about GRow1000, review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). For additional questions, email Our Community’s Children at email@example.com or call 616-456-3558.