We want you to be safe in your home! The Residential Safety Program (RSP) is a voluntary program to prevent fires. The goal is to reduce the number and severity of fires.
What We Offer
- Fire safety check
- Free smoke alarm upgrades and installations
- Free carbon monoxide (CO) alarm installations
- One-on-one fire safety consultation
- A connection with our partners to assist with fire safety issues
We made a short video to tell you more about the program.
Watch Program Video
We offer this program regardless of what neighborhood you live in. To qualify for the program, ask yourself two questions:
- Do you live in Grand Rapids?
- Do you own your home?
If you answered, "yes!" to those two questions, you're eligible!
Sign up Today
Call 311 or 616-456-3000.
An agent will help you schedule your fire safety check!
More about Fire Safety
While you're waiting for your inspection and smoke detector installation, we have some tips for staying safe: