Key Objectives and Outcomes of E.H.Zero
Objective 1: Conduct community-wide engagement for commercial building and single-family residential decarbonization, focusing on BIPOC engagement and empowerment.
- Outcome 1: Educate and engage at least 750 residents (500 of which will be BIPOC) and 500 commercial building stakeholders.
- Outcome 2: Organize events to educate on how commercial decarbonization affects all commercial building owners and residents.
- Outcome 3: Share best practices and lessons learned with other cities to replicate success and equitable outcomes.
Objective 2: Create a policy package and implementation plan for building decarbonization that centers and leads with equity and is informed by technical analysis and community engagement.
- Outcome 1: Complete a building carbon emissions inventory and a city-wide climate vulnerability assessment to inform policy creation.
- Outcome 2: Establish a set of equitable building decarbonization policies through authentic community engagement.
- Outcome 3: Create and present a package of equitable building decarbonization policies for City Commission approval.
Objective 3: Promote accessible, healthy and affordable housing for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities.
- Outcome 1: Identify a community housing partner.
- Outcome 2: Create and implement a process to consolidate and educate on available housing resources (finance, energy, carbon, health, safety) for residents to retrofit their existing housing and pursue opportunities to engage with other partners working to produce neighborhood equity through slowing gentrification and promoting BIPOC wealth generation.
- Outcome 3: Complete a top to bottom and full wrap around residential pilot for five diverse residential spaces and measure the outcomes generated (health, finance, energy, carbon) from this investment.