City offices closure, refuse and recycling holiday delay schedules
Published on December 19, 2018
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – In observance of the Christmas holiday, City of Grand Rapids offices are closed Dec. 24 and Dec. 25. They also are closed Jan. 1 in observance of New Year’s Day. City offices are open Dec. 26-28.
The holiday schedule for the Grand Rapids Public Library is as follows:
- Saturday, Dec. 22 – Madison, Ottawa, Van Belkum and West Side branches closed
- Sunday, Dec. 23 through Tuesday, Dec. 25 – All GRPL locations closed
- Sunday, Dec. 30 – All GRPL locations closed
- Monday, Dec. 31 – All GRPL locations open; close at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 1 – All GRPL locations closed
The City’s Public Services refuse and recycling curbside collections are delayed one day throughout the week of Christmas and New Year’s Day. Collections take place as usual on each of the two holiday Mondays – Dec. 24 and Dec. 31. However, there are no pickups on the two holiday Tuesdays. Tuesday’s collections take place Wednesday and so forth through Saturday both weeks.
For 24-hour access to a variety of City services 365 days a year, CLICK HERE.