Ottawa Ave NW - Fulton St W to Michigan St NW
- Project typeResurfacing
- Project scheduleJune 16 - September 2021
Before and After Photos
Ottawa St NW and Fountain St NW - before and after resurfacing:
Ottawa St NW and Louis St NW - before and after resurfacing:
This was a resurfacing project. Contractors:
- Removed and replaced the existing asphalt road surface
- Upgraded sidewalks and the ramps to be compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act
- Changed some curb locations
- Added new street trees, landscaping, and bike parking
- Installed new streetlights
We sent out this mailer to those within 350 feet of the project, English and Spanish.
Please read these sections in our Road Construction Guide:
- Rotomilling and resurfacing process
- Access and parking
- Drive approaches and sidewalks
- Parkways and street trees
- Trash, recycling, and mail
- Construction tips for businesses
- Construction hours
- Grass and lawn care
The guide includes information related to all projects. Some information doesn't apply to this project. Make sure to refer to the bullets above to see how this project will impact you.
We hosted several community engagement opportunities in December 2019 for those who live, work and play on Ottawa Ave NW as part of the Reimagine Ottawa · Ionia · Fulton public engagement process. You can find more information on that engagement here.
Construction Update - June 2021
Construction will begin on June 16. One lane of traffic will be maintained.
Contractors will begin working on the east side of the street and then move to the west side. While work is occurring on the east side of the street, one lane of traffic will be maintained on the west half of the street along with the parking lane to be made available as loading zones for businesses.
In the same manner, when work shifts to the west side, one lane of traffic will be maintained with the parking lane on the east side of the street available as a loading zone.