The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers steps you can take to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- If you’re feeling well, don’t wear a face mask to protect yourself from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others as well as health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings – at home or in a health care facility
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water aren’t readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
Learn more about the Coronavirus from the Kent County Health Department.