Are you planning a community focused project? You may be eligible for a small financial match contract through the Neighborhood Match Fund (NMF)!
The NMF awards contracts to community members' neighborhood focused projects. The NMF program seeks to fund projects that achieve these objectives:
- Identify, develop and network residents
- Build stronger connections among residents and in their neighborhoods
- Address and promote social justice
- Benefit the public
Who can apply?
- Grand Rapids residents
- Informal resident groups (e.g. block clubs) in Grand Rapids
- Community-based organizations located in and serving Grand Rapids
You can only have one active NMF contract at a time. All reports and paperwork are due before you can apply for a new NMF contract.
NMF funded projects must be led by Grand Rapids residents from the community of project impact. NMF contracts are between $200 and $2,500. The amount we award depends on the amount requested, project scope, alignment with NMF objectives and NMF balance. Our committee reviews applications quarterly.
NMF projects are reviewed on a quarterly basis. The deadline for submissions for NMF consideration is September 30, 2018.
If you missed the deadline for this round, keep an eye on this page to apply for next round.
Looking for some guidance? We've put together a printable worksheet to make sure you have everything you need to succeed.
Idea Worksheet(PDF, 552KB)
Want a printable version of the submission process? We've got you covered with everything you need below.
Idea submission guide - English(PDF, 867KB)
Idea submission guide - Spanish(PDF, 617KB)
When you're awarded NMF funds, you're contracted to match the amount awarded. This means for every dollar we award, you must match that amount with any combination of:
- Volunteer labor (valued at $20/hour)
- In-kind goods and services
- Cash donations
For example, a NMF contract for $500 could be matched with:
- $100 worth of volunteer labor
- $300 of in-kind/donated materials (e.g. food, supplies)
- $100 cash donation from a local business or from a grant
We want to make sure that you have everything you need to make your project successful. That's why we've put together an overview of completed projects.
Check back often. We'll rotate the projects that we highlight here!