Are you planning a community focused project? You may be eligible for a small financial match contract through the Neighborhood Match Fund (NMF)!
The NMF awards contracts to community members' neighborhood focused projects. The NMF program seeks to fund projects that achieve these objectives:
- Identify, develop and network residents
- Build stronger connections among residents and in their neighborhoods
- Address and promote social justice
- Benefit the public
NMF Contract Requirements
- Grand Rapids residents
- Informal resident groups (e.g. block clubs)
- Community-based grassroots organizations
NMF funded projects must be led by Grand Rapids residents from the community of project impact. NMF contracts are between $200 and $2,500. The amount we award depends on the amount requested, project scope, alignment with NMF objectives and NMF balance. Our committee reviews applications quarterly.
NMF projects are reviewed on a quarterly basis. This round of project ideas can be submitted June 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018 for NMF consideration. Approved projects would take place between August 1, 2018 through October 31, 2018.
Want a printable version of the submission process? We've got you covered with everything you need below.
Idea submission guide - English(PDF, 603KB)
Idea submission guide - Spanish(PDF, 615KB)
When you're awarded NMF funds, you're contracted to match the amount awarded. This means for every dollar we award, you must match that amount with any combination of:
- Volunteer labor (valued at $20/hour)
- In-kind goods and services
- Cash donations
For example, a NMF contract for $500 could be matched with:
- $100 worth of volunteer labor
- $300 of in-kind/donated materials (e.g. food, supplies)
- $100 cash donation from a local business or from a grant