Are you a Grand Rapids resident planning a community-focused project? You may be eligible for funding through the Neighborhood Match Fund (NMF)!
The NMF awards contracts, up to $2,500 through a competitive process, to Grand Rapids residents for projects that intentionally advance these objectives:
- Build stronger connections (relationships) between neighbors
- Lift up resident leadership in the development and implementation of the project
- Promote social justice and inclusion
- Benefit the public
If awarded an NMF contract, the contractor must spend and match the NMF dollars and complete the NMF funded portion of the project during the three-month contract period.
We are accepting idea submissions through the month of December. Click the link below to get started.
Submit Your Idea
Who can apply?
- Grand Rapids residents
- Informal resident groups (e.g. block clubs) in Grand Rapids
- Community-based organizations located in and serving Grand Rapids
You can only have one active NMF contract at a time. All reports and paperwork are due before you can apply for a new NMF contract.
NMF funded projects must be led by Grand Rapids residents from the community of project impact. NMF contracts are between $200 and $2,500. The amount we award depends on the amount requested, project scope, alignment with NMF objectives and NMF balance. Our committee reviews applications quarterly.
When you're awarded NMF funds, you're contracted to match the amount awarded. This means for every dollar we award, you must match that amount with any combination of:
- Volunteer labor (valued at $20/hour)
- In-kind goods and services
- Cash donations
For example, a NMF contract for $500 could be matched with:
- $100 worth of volunteer labor
- $300 of in-kind/donated materials (e.g. food, supplies)
- $100 cash donation from a local business or from a grant
NMF projects are reviewed on a quarterly basis. The deadline for submissions for NMF consideration is September 30, 2018.
If you missed the deadline for this round, keep an eye on this page to apply for next round.
Looking for some guidance? Want additional information and tips for a successful submission and project? We've put together a few guides to make sure you have everything you need to succeed:
NMF Idea Submission Guide(PDF, 226KB)
NMF Applicant Guide(PDF, 922KB)
We want to make sure that you have everything you need to make your project successful. That's why we've put together a few completed projects.
Check back often. We'll rotate the projects that we highlight here!