Here are some interesting facts about water use:
- American residents use about 100 gallons of water per day.
- The average faucet flows at a rate of 2 gallons per minute. You can save up to four gallons of water every morning by turning off the faucet while you brush your teeth.
- Taking a bath requires up to 70 gallons of water. A five-minute shower uses only 10 to 25 gallons.
- A running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water per day.
- At 1 drip per second, a faucet can leak 3,000 gallons per year.
- If you drink your daily recommended 8 glasses of water per day from the tap, it will cost you about 50 cents per year. If you choose to drink it from water bottles, it can cost you up to $1,400 dollars.