There are more than 9,000 youth in Grand Rapids between the ages of 15 and 21. Nearly three quarters (73%) are under the age of 18 and are persons of color. Investing in GRow1000 means investing in our community’s future!
Thank you for your interest in providing onsite and/or virtual jobs and internships. With your help, we will achieve our goal in employing 650 young people ages 15 to 24 this summer. These opportunities are critical in helping youth:
- Get real workplace experience;
- Enhance their job readiness skills;
- Explore future career interests;
- Receive mentorship; and
- Connect with area professionals and education pathways.
The 2021 GRow1000 program begins Monday, June 14 and ends Friday, July 23, 2021. During this time each youth placement:
- Works a maximum of 120 hours (20 hours/week for 6 weeks);
- Is paid $10/hour (ages 15-17) or $13/hour (ages 18-24); and
- Is paid for 5 hours of pre-employment training upon program completion.
The City of Grand Rapids will serve as the employer of record. This supports:
- Processing all applications and obtaining necessary employment documents;
- Matching youth with employers (to be completed by May 14, 2021);
- Providing a youth mentor unless provided by the employer; and
- Processing timesheets and payroll.
To finalize your commitment, complete the Employer Registration. Please note you will be redirected to the EuzenConnect website. Once placements are confirmed, you will receive an invoice for the number of youth placed and in accordance with their age. Amounts will be $1,600 for youth 15-17 and $2,000 for youth 18-24.
For questions about GRow1000, review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Employers. For additional questions, email Our Community’s Children at email@example.com or call 616-456-3558.