With your help, we will ensure young people ages 15 to 24 have the opportunity to explore careers and see the city through a new lens. Your financial contribution will allow youth to earn a meaningful wage while:
- Getting real workplace experience;
- Enhancing their job readiness skills;
- Exploring future career interests;
- Receiving mentorship; and
- Connecting with area professionals and education pathways.
Below are ways you can support the GRow1000 summer youth employment program:
- Donate any amount to support program costs and/or wages. Program costs include bus passes, culturally appropriate mentors, pre-employment training, etc. Ready to donate? Use our Donation Form.
- Sponsor one or more youth to be placed at a local nonprofit or small business that can provide a job opportunity but cannot support wages at this time. The cost per youth placement is:
- $2,000 for ages 18 to 24
- $1,600 for ages 15 to 17
Pay by Credit Card
Make a donation online to pay by credit card.
Pay by Check
Make check payable to City of Grand Rapids, Attn: Community Development, 300 Monroe Ave., NW; 4th Floor; Grand Rapids, MI 49503, write 2022 GRow1000 in the memo.