Greenwood cemetery

Our offices have moved

More Information

  • Recreation programs will continue at 201 Market Ave fitness studios through the March/April session
  • Parks, Recreation, Our Community’s Children,  Forestry, and Cemetery offices have relocated to 245 State Street SE
  • This is a temporary location while renovations take place at our new permanent location at 1500 Scribner Ave


There are six City-owned cemeteries in Grand Rapids. Explore our services, locations, and resources below.

If you would like a printable map of a cemetery, click the PDF map. Otherwise, you can use the online interactive maps to search for specific people. If you can't find the plot you're looking for, please call our office.

Fairplains Cemetery – 2056 Diamond Ave NE 

Fulton Street Cemetery – 801 Fulton St E 

Greenwood Cemetery – 1401 Leonard St NW 

Oakgrove Cemetery – 1401 28th St SE 

Oakhill Cemetery (main) – 647 Hall St SE

Oakhill Cemetery (north) – 647 Hall St SE 

Woodlawn Cemetery (east) – 2530 Kalamazoo Ave SE 

Woodlawn Cemetery (west) – 2530 Kalamazoo Ave SE 

We offer the following services:
  • Lot purchases
  • Lawn crypts for full body or cremains burials
  • Interment of cremains in a columbarium at Woodlawn and Fairplains cemeteries
  • Optional graveside service and tent rental
  • Optional use of the chapel at Woodlawn Cemetery for service. This is a great option for interments during the winter months.

If you're working with a funeral director, they'll work with our staff to schedule a burial according to your needs.

If you're not working with a funeral director, you can start the scheduling process by phone.

Please call 616-456-3696, option 2 with any questions or to make an appointment.

Selling and transferring grave spaces

We don't buy back grave spaces. However, you can sell the space(s) yourself and transfer the space(s) to the new owner by completing a Transfer of Burial Rights. This document and a $41 fee (check or cash) must be provided to our office. After this is completed, a deed will be sent to the new owner.

Reserving grave spaces

If you want to reserve a grave you already own for a specific person, you'll need to complete a Burial Authorization Form. This form must be notarized. Once the form is complete, it needs to be returned to our office by mail or in person.